• DO endorse the precepts of this Code as a guide for responsible and conscientious behaviour.
• EX) NOT permit wild plants to be advertised for sale in your publications, either openly or by hints.
• DO publicize national and international regulations on the export, importation and sale of wild plants.
• IX) sponsor or support national and international measures to protect the habitats of rare and threatened species.
• DO inform the competent authorities of any suspect sale of collected plants. If you know of people travelling to countries where succulents grow wild with the intention to collecting, inform the competent authorities; the best way to stop habitat exploitation by collectors is to catch them at the port of entry with the plants in their hands.
Was this article helpful?